Fall means football, football means tailgating, tailgating means…healthy? Not usually, but it does now! We’re here to show that you can tailgate while still eating healthy and delicious foods. We even have some vegan and gluten-free tailgating tips, so there will surely be something to suit your taste buds. Don’t worry, your friends will still like you. After all, a healthy fan is a happy fan.
Photo by: Homecoming at Illinois State
1. Nothing says tailgating like BBQ and these Mesquite BBQ Chickpeas by The Good Bean are the perfect snack to share.
2. PROBAR’s new Bite Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip bar is an excellent snack to bring to any tailgate party. Bring extras because everyone will want one, and don’t forget to take a few into the game.
3. What’s a tailgating party without some sort of dip? Oh She Glows makes a tasty Buffalo Hummus as a dip for your veggies or pita chips.
4. Tailgating is not complete without a grill, and our friends at Field Roast make a super tasty vegan burger made from barley, carrots and celery. Include a Chao Slice and you’ve got yourself a damn fine vegan “cheese” burger.
5. Avocado Stuffed Black Bean Burgers by Hold the Pigskin are a scrumptious way to impress your friends at your next tailgate. You better make extras of these because the surprise avocado in the middle will have people coming back for seconds.
6. When you don’t have time for the grill, grab a Superfood Slam Meal bar. It will fill you up and provide plenty of nutrients to help you cheer loudly all game long.
7. Feeling chilly? Warm up with this decadent Vegan Hot Chocolate by Minimalist Baker.
8. Another delicious drink to heat things up at your tailgate is Apple Cider by One Ingredient Chef. The apples, spices and right amount of sweet will be sure to keep you coming back for more.
9. Need chocolate on the menu? Throw a couple of PROBAR BASE™ Cookie Dough bars in your pack to satisfy the chocolate lovers in your group.
10. Another great, easy, mess-free snack for tailgating is Healthy Rice Crispy Treats by Detoxinista.