We all love Thanksgiving and the massive amount of home-cooked food that is consumed but many of the traditional foods served are loaded with gluten. We want to help you have a delicious, stress-free and gluten-free Thanksgiving. Check out these 5 delicious gluten-free recipes:
1. Lemon Roasted Green Beans with Marcona Almonds from Bon Appetitt – A healthier and gluten-free take on the traditional “green bean casserole.” This dish is light and refreshing and a great side to your turkey.
2. Classic Gluten-Free Stuffing from Whole Foods – You thought you’d have to go without the stuffing this year right? Wrong! Gluten-free stuffing is as easy as swapping out your normal bread with gluten-free bread. With this tasty recipe, you and your guests won’t be able to tell a difference from the traditional stuffing.
3. Meringue-Topped Sweet Potato Casserole from Eating Well – We all know eating sweet potato casserole is just a way to have dessert as part of your dinner but it’s only once a year, right? This recipe is slightly lightened up with its meringue topping instead of marshmallows but you still get all the good sweetness the original has to offer.
4. Cranberry Quinoa Salad with Dairy-Free Caesar Dressing The Healthy Apple - There are many tasty but heavy dishes at Thanksgiving so when I found this quinoa salad I was so excited. It has the flavors of the season but it won’t weigh you down (leaving you room for the many other yummy foods!).
5. The Pumpkin Pie from A Sweet Simple Life – The classic and a must have at your Thanksgiving celebration, pumpkin pie. In this delectable recipe, you’ll feel right at home with the simple flavors of fall, all the while not missing the gluten!
Happy gluten-free Thanksgiving!