We are still holding on to summer and fall with this next Ingredient Highlight. Raspberries are one of the more nutritious fruits around, which is why it’s important to incorporate them into your diet all year long. Lets learn more about this powerful, potent berry.
Photo by: Sophia Charlotte
1. Raspberries can be red, black, purple, and golden in color.
2. Each raspberry has 100-120 seeds.
3. There are over 200 different varieties of raspberries.
4. Can’t tell the difference between a black raspberry and blackberry? Black raspberries will be coreless while blackberries will have the core attached.
5. 1 cup contains 64 calories, 8g dietary fiber and 186mg potassium.
6. Raspberries help fight off colds, flus and infections because of the high amounts of Vitamin C.
7. They supply important anti-inflammatories, including anthocyanins (the coloring in red, purple and blue fruits), and are believed to help reduce cardiovascular disease.
8. PROBAR’s Meal Superfood Slam is a nutritional powerhouse. Organic açaí berries, pureed raspberries, dark chocolate and greens are blended together with PROBAR’s 10 signature ingredients for a bar that is good for you and tastes SUPER in every bite.
Photo by: Jammennes
While it’s not always easy to eat fresh fruit year-round, you can substitute with frozen fruit or by eating fruits in healthy snacks, such as PROBAR products or other wholesome packaged foods.