We look at our sponsorship program as bringing another friendly face into the PROBAR family and expect that before you consider PROBAR sponsorship, you already have a passion for our product. We prefer to develop ongoing relationships with events or individual sponsorships, so please do reapply each year*. Please consider this willingness to commit to this type of relationship before applying.
Though we would like to sponsor everyone that submits an application and we make an effort to be as generous as possible, we must make concerted efforts with specific criteria in order to make the biggest impact. Additionally, PROBAR sponsorships will arrive to you in the form of “in-kind” product support rather than cash funds. Honestly, we think our product ranks right up there with cash. We hope you agree.
All accepted applicants will be notified promptly. We make every effort to notify all applicants, but due to the extremely high volume of sponsorship requests we receive, we will not be able to notify every denied applicant.
* Sponsorships are not guaranteed every year. You must reapply each year.
Event Sponsorship Minimum Qualifications**
- Application form must be submitted at least 90 days before the event date
- Request is for an in-kind donation
- Type of event involves: running, cycling, and/or swimming
- Request MUST be submitted through our online application
Minimum Terms of Event Sponsorship
- Use of PROBAR logo on event website and on all printed material
- Display PROBAR signage and banners during event
- Provide every racer/participant with a PROBAR
- 2 Facebook/Twitter mentions with backlink to our site
- Send an email to racers/participants 2 weeks after race
** This does not mean your event will not be looked at if it does not meet our minimum qualifications. Please feel free to still apply!
Event Sponsorship FAQs
- How do I apply for event sponsorship?
- All sponsorship requests MUST go through our online application.
- When should I apply for event sponsorship?
- The earlier the better, but certainly not years in advance. Event applications with less than 90 days until the event date will not be considered due to the volume of applications we receive. The best time frame to apply for sponsorship is 3-5 months before your event.
- What type of events does PROBAR sponsor?
- We have sponsored many kinds of events, including running, swimming, cycling, triathlon, non-athletic, you name it. However, in order to make more of an impact, we focus on events that are centered around a charitable cause or a non-profit entity that is tied to our values of an active, healthy lifestyle.
- My event does not meet the Minimum Qualifications. Will it still be considered?
- Yes! The Minimum Qualifications give you an idea of what direction we are taking with sponsorships at the time. Meeting these qualifications will give you a better shot at sponsorship, but we do review all requests submitted.
- How often can I apply for sponsorship?
- Event sponsorship applications are accepted all year long, but please only submit one application per event.
- What happens once my application has been accepted or denied for sponsorship?
- All applications are sent directly to our sponsorship team and reviewed on a monthly basis. The process involves: reviewing and sorting the requests, requesting additional information (if needed), notifying accepted applicants, signing a Sponsorship Agreement, and coordinating delivery of product.
- How long until I get a response regarding my sponsorship request?
- We receive a colossal number of sponsorship requests, resulting in a little bit of a wait for applicants to hear back from us. We have not forgotten about you. We do our best to get back to everyone in a timely manner, however, if you do not get a response within 30 days of submitting your application, we were unable to fulfill your request. Accepted applicants will be notified through email or phone call within 30 days of submitting request. Due to the extremely high volume of sponsorship requests we receive, we will not be able to notify every denied applicant.
- Can I follow up with a phone call or email?
- Of course! We do review all requests, but welcome follow-up by email. All sponsorship requests must still be initially submitted through our online application system in order to be considered. Email is the best way for you to get an answer to your questions. Please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How competitive are PROBAR sponsorships?
- If you are on this site, you already know that PROBAR is a premium product with an extensive following. We have a highly competitive sponsorship program due to the sizeable number of applications we receive on a daily basis and because we prefer to establish lasting relationships with people/events.
- Do I need to reapply each year?
- Yes! Please reapply each year in order to be considered for that year. If your event has been sponsored in the past, it does not guarantee it will continue to be sponsored. That also means that if your event has previously been denied, you are not permanently out of the running. We welcome your request next year.
- Who do we sponsor?
- We are looking for athletes in the following sports: biking, running, yoga, snow sports, climbing, and water sports. We prefer people who are active and focused on a healthy lifestyle.
- What types of individual/team sponsorships do we offer?
- We have 3 categories: Pro Athlete, Ambassadors, and Teams. All individual/team sponsorships are good for 1 year from time of approval.
- When should I apply?
Pros and Team:
October 15-December 15
June 1-August 10
October 15-December 15
Applications received outside these dates will not be considered.
- Does PROBAR sponsor international athletes?
- At this time, we only sponsor athletes within the United States.
- How do I apply?
- No form is needed, though you will need an athlete resume. It must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. Please send all resumes to email@example.com.
- I am currently sponsored by PROBAR. Do I need to reapply?
- Yes! We cannot guarantee sponsorship beyond the one-year time frame of your current agreement, but odds are someone from the program will be in touch regarding future sponsorship opportunities before the start of the coming season.