Welcome on our journey as we search for the tastiest and most delicious vegan cookie around. We are going to make and taste five recipes from five different well-known vegan cooking blogs and put them through the ringer! Join us on this yummy quest!
We start off with the blog Vegan Housewives who share a chocolate chip cookie recipe. I loved this recipe because it was SO simple and quick. I had all the ingredients on hand and whipped them up in few minutes. They claim it is the best vegan chocolate chip cookie and so far on this quest, I agree with them! This cookie is going to be hard to beat and I’m making a prediction that this might take the cake (no pun intended).
Start out with your coconut oil, brown sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract, flour, baking soda and powder, salt and dairy free chocolate chips.
Mix the oil, sugar, milk and vanilla extract until creamed
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix – the dough may be crumbly but that is fine – carry on!
Plop those bad boys in the oven for 7-10 min and place them on a cooling rack………
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream (aka thoroughly mix) together the coconut oil & brown sugar, then add the almond milk & vanilla. The mixture may be really “liquidy” this is OK.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients (it may be crumbly – this is OK), then fold in the chocolate morsels & any other mix-ins of your choosing (I used mini chocolate chips and wish I had only used 1/2 cup).
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on an ungreased cookie sheet (or on a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet), then flatten the tops. The dough may be a little crumbly, but just smoosh it together and it will work fine!
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. (I did 9 which was perfect)