Sol Squad Cycling is a women's dirt cycling team. The team was founded in 2011 and is comprised of 22 women who have a love for riding their bikes and racing in a supportive environment. PROBAR is proud to support the Sol Squad program, here are 5 tips from the team:
"We recently went to Moab for our team training camp and are excited to share the ways we have learned, over the years, how to stay in shape when a busy life of working, going to school, being a mom, a partner, a friend take priority.
1. RIDE WITH OTHERS- there is nothing more motivating than riding with other, supportive women. Yes, we challenge each other in our riding ability but it is also nice to catch up with each other about life. Riding with others also holds you more accountable to going vs allowing other things to take priority (we know this is at times inevitable).
2. BE FLEXIBLE- sometimes given other things going on (family, work, etc) the times in which other people can ride is really early or late, be accommodating for ride times or even meeting via virtual rides, such as Zwift.
3. OTHER ACTIVITIES- do other activities to stay in shape that do not require hours of your time, such as ab, yoga and strength building workouts. These are quick workouts that are very effective and help both on and off the bike. Biking is exercise that is in one plane of motion and may encourage injury if not balanced with yoga or other activities that move you dynamically.
4. NUTRITION- it is easy to forget to eat when riding or when busy in your daily activities. However, nutrition is essential to be at your best. We love PROBAR as they make gluten free, plant based bars and chews that are easy and delicious to eat on rides and on a daily basis.
5. HAVE FUN- You can do all the above but if you are not having fun, you are not likely to continue the behavior. So, have fun with your squad and find that love for your bike! This makes working out not seem like a chore but an overall benefit to the mind, body and sol."