A plant-based diet is a diet which primarily consists of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and nuts; offering a wide range of health benefits.
A plant-based diet is rich in essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These nutrients help to protect against chronic diseases and studies have shown that individuals who follow a plant-based diet have a lower risk of developing these conditions and could even help combat them.
Additionally, a plant-based diet can be beneficial for weight management. Plant-based foods are typically lower in calories and fat than animal-based foods, making it easier to maintain a healthy weight. A plant-based diet can also improve gut health.
Whole plant foods are high in fiber, which helps to keep the digestive system running smoothly and promotes the growth of good bacteria in the gut. Furthermore, a plant-based diet is good for the environment.
Animal agriculture is a leading cause of deforestation, water pollution, and greenhouse gas emissions. By choosing to eat more plant-based foods, individuals can reduce their environmental footprint and contribute to a more sustainable future!
A plant-based diet offers a wide range of health benefits, including a lower risk of chronic diseases, healthy weight management, improved gut health and an overall more sustainable future.
It is a diet that can be beneficial for both individual and the planet!
Plant-Based Diet Options:
There are a variety of foods that can be included in a plant-based diet daily. It’s important to have a variety of food choices so that you get a balance of all essential nutrients that your body needs, and to diversify you options so that you don’t get burnt out!
1. Fruits: Berries, bananas, apples, oranges, grapes,
2. Vegetables: Leafy greens such as spinach and kale, broccoli, bell peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower
3. Whole grains: Quinoa, brown rice, oats, barley
4. Legumes: Beans, lentils, chickpeas, peas
5. Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds
6. Plant-based protein sources: PROBAR PROTEIN 😊, Tofu, tempeh, seitan, plant-based meat alternatives
7. Healthy fats: Avocado, olive oil, coconut oil
8. Plant-based milks: Almond milk, soy milk, oat milk It's important to note that a plant-based diet does not necessarily mean a vegan diet, which means you can include eggs and dairy in a plant-based diet, if you don't have any personal restrictions.
"It feels good to put attention into what I'm eating, and in 30 years I haven’t looked back or missed anything. I try and encourage folks to think about what they’re putting into their body " - Jason S.
Potential Health Benefits:
1. Lower risk of chronic diseases: Studies have shown that individuals who follow a plant-based diet have a lower risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.*
2. Weight management: Plant-based foods are typically lower in calories and fat than animal-based foods, making it easier to maintain a healthy weight.
3. Improved gut health: Whole plant foods are high in fiber, which helps to keep the digestive system running smoothly and promotes the growth of good bacteria in the gut.
4. Lower blood pressure: Plant-based diets are rich in potassium, which helps to lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke.
5. Improved kidney function: A plant-based diet has been shown to improve kidney function in individuals with kidney disease.
6. Lower cholesterol: A plant-based diet is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, which helps to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart problems.
7. Improved immune function: The high levels of antioxidants and phytochemicals found in plant-based foods can help to improve the function of the immune system.
8. Better bone health: Plant-based diets are rich in calcium, magnesium, and other minerals that are essential for bone health.
" I have a plant-based diet to help recover from a long days of rowing and training." -Ian C
Here at PROBAR we provide a one-stop shop for plant-based nutrition to help keep you tackling all challenges life throws your way.
Not familiar with our products? Give our Starter Pack a go and see what product line you enjoy most! We recommend BOLT for bursts of energy throughout the day, MEAL for times where you just can’t get a nutritious meal in, and PROTEIN for a high-protein snack following any workout or just to get in that extra boost of plant-based protein throughout your day.
Head on over to our socials below and check out some more awesome plant-based recipes and content that will inspire you to take the next step on your plant-based diet journey!
Tag us with #fueledbyprobar to share your adventures with us.